President honors member and her granddaughter
The New Jersey State Federation of Women’s Clubs of GFWC provides opportunities for education, leadership training, and community service through participation in local clubs, enabling members to make a difference in the lives of others one project at a time.
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is an international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service.
President, Patricia Moore
1st. Vice President, Diann Ewan
2nd. Vice President, Nuha Hababo
3rd Vice President, Judy Finger
Recording Secretary, Kathy Bennett • Misono Miller
Treasurer, Patricia Clark-Kears
Financial Secretary, Carole Weckstein
Federation Secretary, Pamela McNamee
Membership, Jane Christy
Nominations, Daryl Ponder
Trustees, Carol Calareso, Nancy Hammond, Barbara Scudder, Barbara Westog, and Louise Jones
Club Bookings, Judy Monahan
Book Discussion, Eloise Sulzman
Fiber Arts Club, EllenBeth Nappen
TEAM, Betty Mikus
On February 5, 1909, 30 women met at the home of Mrs. Bertram O. Beckett, and a club, The Woman's Club of Millville, was organized. Mrs. John V. Cowling was elected as its first president and the entrance fee for a member was $1. Dues were $2 per year paid quarterly. The Club colors, green and white were chosen. The Club flower was a lily, and the Club motto: "Study to be what you wish to seem," was adopted. In five years the original 30 increased to 84, in ten years to 100, and by 1923 t0 164 members.
Donations to the 1909 Building Fund are appreciated. Checks in the amount of either $19.09, $190.90, or $1,99.00 may be made payable to The Millville Woman's Club, earmarked "1909 Building Fund," and mailed to Carole Weckstein, 74 Reagan Court, Millville, NJ 08332